LSR have teamed up with Craigdon Mountain sports for a shopping extravaganza evening on Tuesday 9th October. Currently Craigdon have reps from Atomic, Dynastar, Lange and Oakley confirmed for the night. They will hold some workshop demos on waxing skis using their own ski technicians.
Craigdon will have “on the night” special offers on ski kit and will also have some prizes / give aways to hand out.
Also Glacius will be attending this event and manning their desk just in case you feel like life’s too much just now and need a cheeky wee holiday.
LSR warmly welcomes Malcolm McKey from Alpine Imports who will be hosting a Ski Prep Demo evening on the 6th September 2018. There will be two sessions available; 6:30 – 7:30 and 7:30 to 8:30. Each session will last around 45 minutes. Malcolm will be going over the basics such as edging, waxing, scraping brushing and also how to remove the sidewall correctly. He will also be offering a race training kit, which includes:
* File guide 89 – rrp £17.95
* World cup chrome file – £13.95
* File clamp – £2.95
* Diamond file (double sided 400 & 1000 grit) – £9.95
* Training Wax – £2.95
* Scraper – £3.95
* Nylon Brush – £8.95
* Brake Retainers – £1.00
* Ski Vice – £49.95
* Wintersteiger Iron – £34.95
RRP Total = £146.55
LSR Package price = £115.00
We look forward to seeing many of you on the night for this fantastic offer.
We are delighted to announce our new and exciting membership category; Associate Member.
As a club one of our aims is to encourage anyone interested in ski racing to be part of LSR, regardless of their circumstances. We hope this new membership category will allow us to fulfil this aim whilst simultaneously allowing us to re connect with many ski racers who started their ski racing journey with us.
Who’s eligible for this membership category?
- Perhaps you have left Edinburgh to study or to embark on training opportunities abroad for a season
- Perhaps you are on the waiting list waiting for an assessment day
- Perhaps you are a member of another Ski club however wish to access our top coaches for races support at Hillend.
- Or perhaps you have previously been a full time member of LSR and now overseas alpine training commitments don’t permit you to train full time with LSR.
Benefits of membership are:
- Access to summer training camp
- Access to any trips we offer to Snowdome races or trips to snow training.
- Membership of Snowsport Scotland which includes race insurance for races in the UK and a range of other benefits which can be found at https://snowsportscotland.org/member-discounts
- 40% Discount off a Snow Sport Scotland Competitors licence
- Discount at a number of ski retailers including Blues, Craigdon, Alpine Imports and Ski Racing Supplies.
- 10% Discount off practice tickets at Hillend
- Access to extra training night blocks for upcoming races
- Access to other LSR run events such as ski preparation and ski boot workshops, introduction to racing events, gate judge training, parent’s evenings and social events
Cost of Membership:
A one off annual membership fee of £40, payable in full on registration, will be applicable to this membership category. There is no age restriction for the membership however age restrictions may be applicable for events/races. Charges will be applicable for extra training and summer camps.
How to register:
To register for Associate Membership please see our website www.lothianskiracing.co.uk/membership/joining-lsr
LSR INFORMATION EVENING
Thursday 16th November, 6.30 – 8.30pm
Below Cafe 360, Hillend
You are invited to an informal evening, where you can come along and meet snow based training organisations, ski equipment suppliers and the LSR committee to discuss any aspect of ski racing.
Representatives from the following companies have very kindly agreed to be there on the night. Please feel free to contact any of them in advance if you have a specific query:-
1. Snowsport Scotland – http://www.snowsportscotland.org
2. Scottish Ski Club – http://www.scottishskiclub.org.uk
3. ATC – http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com
4. Glenshee Performance Squad (GPS) – http://www.gps-snow.org
5. Blues – http://www.tiso.com/blues
6. LSR committee members
I hope you agree this is a fantastic representation of experts from all areas of ski racing throughout Scotland. Please do come along and talk to them on the night, so you can be “ski ready” for the start of the season.
Look forward to seeing you on 16th November!
When your child enters the U14 age category (ie anyone born 2005 or older), they need to have a competitor registration number in order to enter a seeded race – whether on snow or mat.
That number is issued by your Home Nation – ie for us, Snowsport Scotland.
Therefore you apply to become a member of Snowsport Scotland.
Competitor registration is currently £35 for the year (free to U12’s).
Your competitor reg number will be a 5 digit number beginning with a ‘3’.
This is the number you will use on race entries.
Don’t confuse this with your membership number which will begin with ME.
Contact Emma Devine or Veronica Morris at Snowsport Scotland.